1700 participants from all over the world. Some „little“ difficulties with fulfilling the basic needs like getting warm, getting something to eat and having some w-LAN at an internet conference. I guess Loïc Le Meur’s heart had a pretty stressfull time behind the scenes.
Loïc Le Meur
But it seems that LeWeb’s fascination did not suffer. Thousands of blog entries summed it up: participants would fly home, after freezing, being constantly hungry, but very happy with especially one thing: opportunities! As Ewan Spance brings it to the point, LeWeb is the paradise for getting yourself an investor. The receipt: just hang around in the lounges and you will stumble upon one. Ok, I missed that, but next year is coming…and I will be prepared.
Here is how my training camp will look like: John Buckman, the owner of magnatune.com, climbed the stage and became my personal coach. His message: employees suck – get out of the game – become a freelancer.
And then he digged into the “how”.
Ten steps to coach yourself to an award-winning entrepreneur. Here we go:
1. Start thinking, find ideas
2. Do nothing, keep collecting ideas, write them down, give them 3 months time, keep thinking of other ideas, kill ideas, create new ones
3. Test it: explain your idea to some friends in a noisy pub while drinking beer. If they don’t stop drinking your idea is not good. It is like in the web, tons of distractions, get people listening to you and your idea is supposed to be successful.
4. Make an elevator pitch: you got 15 sec to get someone going for your idea
5. Write the first line of the press release, then write the first paragraph of your homepage. Would those words make you wanting it? Than you will make it
7. Crucial: don’t borrow money, figure out the cheapest way you can make your business running
8. Launch before you are ready, see what happens, integrate feedback
if nobody cares, kill the idea and start all over
9. The secret of getting massive press: convince two influent bloggers, focus on freelance writers, they have to find stories. Think of as many edgy stories as you can. If you are not getting press get better reality
10. Do everything yourself, if you are not technical, become it.
You can do it.
Bisous et a bientot